Learning To Identify and Interpret Omens
Self-Mastery Exercise: Noticing Omens
By Sharmai Amber with Keith Amber
Excerpt taken from Steps to Enlightenment ©
For Accurate, Pertinent Information regarding Your Own Spiritual Path, and to get Tuned in Clarity on the Omens in your life, get a Psychic Reading With Keith Amber
Our higher selves and guides work diligently during our waking hours to guide us along the path to enlightenment, while at night we are all with them on the ethereal plane. Direct messages come in the form of confirmation chills, lucid dreams, inner voices, inner visions, inner “knowings,” and synchronous events. Not everyone has developed an ability to consciously hear or see their guides and higher self, and for that reason, great care has been taken to set up an intricate system for sending and interpreting omens. The body itself is rich with meaning and can be used to guide us along our path. Nature is also fertile with meaning, and readily assists in sending messages to humans. Our cars and houses also mirror our lives, bodies, and lessons, and incidents with each are abundant with messages. These messages come in an infinite number of ways in the form of synchronous events and omens. Our guides and higher selves start with subtle omens. If we miss the messages, or refuse to move in the intended direction, our guides resort to more aggressive messages. A subtle omen might be a paper cut on a finger. An aggressive omen might be a broken or burned finger, or worse. Omens are delivered daily, and require us to be living in the question of wonderment, “What does that mean? Why did that happen? What is the message? What direction should I take? Where am I stuck?” The timing of omens is also important. For instance, when you get a cut finger, notice the thoughts you are having at the time. This will help guide you to an accurate interpretation.
Here is a sampling of messages and potential meanings:
- Your car starter broke down: there is somewhere in your life where you are having a problem getting started.
- Car battery dies: lacking energy, energy being drained
- Odometer numbers line up in an unusual combination: notice where you are going or what is going on in your life and how do the numbers support this, for instance a set of 4’s in numerology would mean you have a good foundation under your current project.
- Car radiator leaks or breaks down: unresolved anger
- Minor car accident: need to adjust something
- Major car accident: major shift in direction of your life is needed
- All red lights while on the way to a meeting: something is jammed.
- All green lights while on the way somewhere: supported flow
- Left front tire leaks: subconscious resistance to going forward in some part of your life.
- Minor accident while on a bike where your right knee gets banged up: flow in life is getting jammed due to conscious stuck stubborn, ego, pride
- Eye gets temporarily irritated: something you don’t want to see clearly, or somebody else strongly doesn’t want you to see through something
- Broken left arm: having trouble getting your emotional or subconscious self around whatever is going on in your life
- Left foot gets sprained: subconscious resistance to move forward in your life in a certain area
- Right foot gets sprained: conscious resistance to move forward in your life
- Bump your head: guides trying to get something through your head
- Earache: don’t want to hear something
- Sore throat: something needs to be said or you speak rudely
- Pneumonia: emotions severely stuck
- Life and death illness: some personal issue is critically stuck
- Right pointer finger is sore for no apparent reason: increase your management of consciously judging others
- Dog or cat becomes sick: may be a reflection of where we are not well
- Someone tells us of a healer and we get chills: perhaps it is time to go see the healer.
- Smoker: clouding issues in your life, something you don’t want to see
- Plumbing backs up in your home or water spills: backed up emotions need to be dealt with
- House foundation is rotting: some area in your inner foundation needs reassessing and transforming
- House electrical problems: you have a short in your energy field somewhere
- Fire somewhere in the house: explosive anger needs to be managed and released
- House broken into: could owe karma for violating someone else’s space
- Friend inadvertently answers a question you have been wondering about without you telling them the question
- You have been searching for an answer and as you read an unrelated book you read a passage that answers your question and you get chills
- Picture forms in the clouds guiding your way
- Computer dies mid-project: your project is off somehow OR the dark is trying to block you OR you are being taught patience. You must discern which is true
- While playing any card game you notice the cards either flow or are jammed
- Walking through the library and a book falls off the shelf in front of you.
- Your job is outsourced and you are out of a job: time to look in new career directions
- Someone says something and you get chills of confirmation
- Break a glass: a breakthrough has just occurred or is imminent
- Find a $20 bill or any money: good financial omen
- You are planning an expenditure but don’t feel quite right finalizing the deal, then suddenly, you get a call with an unexpected offer of something better
- You are wondering if you should go somewhere when suddenly the phone rings offering you a free ride
- You have a dream warning you on an issue or guiding you to go in a direction
- Flies irritating you excessively: something or someone is bugging you
- Shooting star: good sign, good luck or a big event coming
- Unusually familiar with a stranger: can be a past life connection
- Rainbow or moon bow: promise of good coming to viewer.
- Food burns: there is anger in you or directed at you.
Louise Hays’ You Can Heal Your Life is valuable for learning the metaphysical meaning of body parts and the underlying meanings of illnesses. These interpretations give you a general idea of where you are stuck, usually in your emotions or beliefs. Then you can start to work on transforming the underlying stuck areas.
When omens come in illuminating a lack of flow, you might consider that you are pursuing a bright idea rather than an activity supported by your higher self. When our knee gets banged we need to look for where we are too rigid and how we can loosen our positions or beliefs. There is a feeling, usually in our solar plexus, that comes with omens either supporting or warning. When the omen can be interpreted in either way, such as with the computer crashing, we then need to rely on the inner resonation. What interpretation comes up first and does that interpretation feel right? Should we go forward or not? Do we need to adjust and go slightly different? If you are not sure of the answer, consult with someone you trust for their take on it and then see if you resonate with that.
It is important to interpret omens newly for each instance. The meanings can change instantaneously, based on other shifting factors that we may not be aware of. Omens turn into superstitions when a permanent interpretation is assigned to them.
Self-Mastery Exercise: Noticing Omens
We receive omens every day. The more we pay attention and listen to the omens, the more our guides and higher selves send to us. To become more aware of omens coming to you take a day to focus on omens. Any day will do. Set your intent in the morning to be mindful of omens. Place a ribbon around your wrist to remind your self. Then notice everything:
- A stubbed toe
- The odometer
- Red (green) lights en route to work
- Paper cut
- Co-workers unsolicited comment
- Pet’s unusual behavior
- Anything Unusual
- Particular clouds
- Comments on the radio
- Car trouble
- Glass breaks
- Banged knee
- Broken finger nail, which nail, what were you thinking at the moment it broke
- Eye irritation
- Stomach ace
- Bowels too tight or too loose
- Malfunctioning appliance
- Blister on foot, which foot
- Car gets banged up, which part
- With each potential omen, wonder for a few seconds what the message is.
- Notice the first thought that comes to mind.
- Does it resonate?
- Repeat this process for a month. You will awaken your awareness to omens and tap an invaluable source of personal guidance.
Please share this information with all your friends and family!
Excerpt taken from Steps to Enlightenment ©